Synchronous tele-education (distance education) is a real time training that delivers education and instruction to students who are not physically present in a traditional setting such as a classroom. The trainer and the trainees are interconnected via a network, allowing audio and video conference, while exchanging files, applications, and even electronic blackboard are available.
Synchronous tele-education offers the immediacy of contact between instructor and trainees, adding a new dimension to the learning object. The students have voice and visual communication with the remote instructor. Tele-education saves precious time and money for students and trainers eliminating the need for transportations.
Tele-education and tele-conference room
A new tele-conference room has been formed and suitably equipped in the multi-purpose building of the Institute, aiming to the upgrade of the quality of the educational process.
The hall consists of four distinct but cooperating elements:
- the videoconferencing system,
- an audiovisual installation,
- two computers,
- and four peripheral devices.
Each of these systems can operate either independently or in collaboration with each other or all of the others:
The room is commonly used for:
- Training of small groups via modern teaching methods.
- Videoconferencing between the institute and various officials of private and public sector.
- Connection to remote audiences for broadcasting standard courses (undergraduate and postgraduate level), lectures, laboratory demonstrations, etc.
- Connection to remote lectures (undergraduate and postgraduate level), laboratory demonstrations, etc.
- Transmission of conferences, meetings, etc. to interested parties.
The tele-conference infrastructure is suported by the Network Operating Center of the T.E.I. of Central Macedonia.
More information about the tele-conference infrastructure can be found at the link http://teledu.teiser.gr/tele_edu/.